Monday, July 20, 2015

AZ Book Society: Catering to Nobody


One of my goals when 2015 started was to read at least one book a month and ultimately make reading a bigger part of my life. You might have seen that this goal was included on my 2015 Summer Bucket List, too. I've always been a book nerd, but at the same time have not always been good about finding time to read. Sometimes there are just things that need to get done ie: errands, gym time, laundry, cleaning, cooking... you get the idea. Other times it seems easier to watch TV after work because my brain feels like mush.

This year, I have read 5 so far which means I'm a little bit behind, and let's just admit that it obviously has not been one book a month. More like 1 book for a couple months and 3 books (one was a short story, so I'm not even exactly sure it counts) in the last month and a half. That being said, at least some reading is happening, which is better than none!



Recently, a coworker told me about the author Diane Mott Davidson and her mystery book series about Goldy the caterer, beginning with Catering to Nobody. Food and mysteries: two of my favorite things! In Catering to Nobody, Goldy has been asked to cater someone's wake, and despite the fact that she doesn't exactly want to, she does it anyway. She creates a beautiful menu and everything seems to be going great until someone falls ill, and she is accused of poisoning them. With her business threatening to be shut down, Goldy decides she can't wait for the police to get to the bottom of this and takes matters into her own hands. She begins to uncover all kinds of secrets that could make her the killer's next victim.

I just started reading it, but absolutely love it so far! It is a great pool/beach read! My favorite part is that the recipes for Goldy's catering events are included in the book. If you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below - I'd love to hear your thoughts! Happy reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...