Thursday, January 1, 2015

14 Things I Learned in 2014.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve and welcomed 2015 with the people they love! Last year, I said good bye to 2013 by thanking it for teaching me a few things that you can read about here.

2014 had some ups and it definitely had some downs, too. I'd like to close out the year by sharing a few lessons learned, both from the good and the bad. Au revoir 2014! I say hello to 2015 with the things that you taught me and look forward to a new year of growth.

1. If you don't ask for what you want, then you won't get it. And I don't mean material things.

2. You need to stand up for yourself because not everyone else will.

3. I relearned how to style bangs. They're a commitment.

4. People change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Including ourselves.

5. As much as I hate to admit it, appearance really does matter. I'm not a slob and I care about how I look, but it is especially important to look the part in the workplace. Unfortunately, people are judging (even if you are an exceptional worker).

6. It is much easier to fall off the eating right and going to the gym bandwagon, than to get on. (I'm sure you can guess what one of my New Years resolutions is.)

7. It is okay to say "no". No to eating lunch with your coworkers. No to going out with your girlfriends. No to having that extra drink. If you don't want to do it, then don't. It is okay. No one will hate you for it.

8. You can't please everybody all the time. Sometimes you just have to do what is right for you.

9. Meal prepping for the work week! It didn't happen every week, but I learned how much easier it can make things. (Another thing I'm going to try and practice more in 2015.)

10. Phineas will always prefer boxes and plastic bags to real cat toys.

11. Back up iPhone photos. Back up music. Back up your computer. Back up. Back up. Back up.

12. Speak your mind. No one can read it.

13. It feels so much better going to bed early when you have work in the morning, than to stay up and watch one more episode. Netflix will still be there tomorrow.

14. It is okay to be a little bit scared. It means your pushing yourself and getting out of your comfort zone. Allowing the opportunity to learn and grow. "Feel the fear, and do it anyway."


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...