Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Fern and I hosted my family at the house and it was our first time cooking a turkey. We woke up super early to cook, clean, and finish up a couple projects. It was much easier to cook a turkey than I thought and it turned out perfectly! I'm pretty proud of us :) We made it pot luck style and everyone brought a different dish to share. It took some of the pressure off of us and I think everyone had fun sharing a favorite recipe or food. After the festivities at our house, we went to his family's house for round 2. We stuffed ourselves again and then played a few games of loteria.

One of the things my mom mentioned that she wanted to do is go around and tell everyone what we're thankful for. I know it's kind of cheesy and we're all thankful for some of the same things, like family and friends, but it is nice to hear and learn the other little things that we're all grateful for. We were so caught up in the festivities that we didn't even get to do this, so I thought I'd share some of the things on here. I'm thankful for my family, friends, Fern, and Phineas. I'm thankful for a wonderful job, home, and to live in this growing city. I'm thankful for delicious food and new traditions. I'm thankful for smaller things like dry shampoo, lipstick, and candles that smell good. Despite its ups and downs, this is a beautiful world to live in and we have so much to be thankful for. What are some things you're thankful for?

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving and you gobbled til you wobbled!

^^ Preparing the turkey at 6:00 a.m. ^^

^^ I know it's blurry, but we had to take a picture with the feast we prepared. ^^

^^ My dad showing Fern how to cut the turkey. ^^








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...