Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Julia Child & A Cooking Class!


Friday was Julia Child's birthday! I just love that woman and in order to celebrate, Anna and I took a cooking class at Central Market. (Thank you Anna! Such a sweet birthday gift to give me!) We learned how to make all kinds of delicious French cuisine from her cookbooks and of course we taste tested it, too.

The Menu
Pissaladiere with Petite Salad
Coquille St. Jacques
Tournedes Sautés Aux Champigons served with
Haricot Vert á la Provencale & Gratin Dauphinois
Chocolate Soufflés

Here are a few photos from our lesson accompanied with some of my favorite Julia quotes.


"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate."

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."

"Everything in moderation... including moderation."

"A party without cake is just a meeting."

"People who love to eat are always the best people."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...