Saturday, February 8, 2014

My One Year Anniversary With My First Ever Big Girl Job.

February 5 was officially my one year anniversary of working at my first ever big girl job! Well, let me tell you, it has been quite the year. It is so funny for me to read that post because I really had absolutely NO IDEA how much or what I would even been learning about. For instance, I am now proud to say that I know who all of our Congressmen and Senators are in Texas and I can name the members of the San Antonio City Council. I have even met many of these key figures! I have also had the opportunity to play a part (even if it has just been small) in some really big changes that took place in this city and state over the past year. After graduating college, I never imagined that I would work some where that is so vital to San Antonio and has contributed to transforming it into a "City on the Rise", as Mayor Julián Castro states. I am extremely grateful for the people I have met in the office, because with out them I'm not sure I would have survived! I am also very thankful for the people I have met outside of the office through my job, because it is rewarding to see when they are happy. I feel so fortunate to have been given this chance, especially at my age, and can't wait to see what this next year brings!
^^ Mayor Julián Castro. ^^
^^ Fiesta time! ^^
^^ Tasting water from the water cleaning plant. ^^
^^ The military working dog training program at Lackland Air Force Base. ^^
^^ Test flying a C-5A Galaxy! ^^
^^ Decorating the office Christmas tree! ^^
^^ 2013 Annual Gala. ^^
^^ Congressman Paul Ryan. ^^

All photos taken with iPhone 4.

2 comments:

Lisa O said...

Wow. Thats a great post, Allegra!

Abigail Montañez said...

Woo so awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...