Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Ridiculously Easy DIY Fall Garland.

I promised in this post that I would include a how-to for the garland, so here it is! This is probably the easiest DIY ever! I was inspired by some garlands that I saw on Pinterest, however most of them seemed very time consuming. And let's be honest... when I get home from work during the week I don't want to do anything that requires a lot of effort and most of my time in the evening. Don't get me wrong, I like DIYs, but if they take forever to complete I will probably never complete it. This little project took maybe 20 minutes (depending on how large you want the garland or how many you make) and I watched a movie while doing it. Not to mention I was basically playing with Phineas since he thought the string was a toy.

You'll need some string of your choice and decorative leaves. I found these cute ones at Dollar Tree.
Decide where you would like to hang the garland, measure the string, and cut it. Make sure the string is about half a foot longer, so there is extra room for tying. It is better to have too much string then too little!

Next you tie one end of the string around the leaf stem in a knot. I double tied each one to ensure they stay put. Also, make sure there's about 2 inches of string at each end, so that way there is some room to hang it.
Tie the rest of the leaves in whatever order you like and space them how you like as well. Once you have tied all the leaves on, all you have to do is hang it! I hung mine with some clear tape, and it has stayed just fine.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...