Monday, September 2, 2013

It's a Cat Party!


You are about to find out all about my crazy cat lady status. If there were any doubts before, believe me, there definitely won't be now. The weird part is that I don't even care. I'm not even embarrassed about my crazy cat lady-ness. Which is probably more embarrassing than actually being embarrassed about it.

August 26 was Phineas' first birthday! Naturally, since it was his birthday, I made him a cake. At first he hated it. I'm sure he thought he was being tortured. He was probably thinking, "Here's this delicious smelling cake sitting in front of me, but there's a fire on top of it so I can't eat it!" He'd walk up and try to sniff the cake, and then run away in fear. Poor guy... He had to have all the proper trimmings for his first birthday though, including the candle and singing "Happy Birthday." Which he refused to sit still for. Once the candle was gone, that cake didn't have a chance. I don't think I have ever seen him eat so fast and so much in such a short amount of time. It was like he was afraid it would run away.
Cat cake was made with canned tuna and dry cat food. Yum!
Cat cake = success.

I also got him a cat tower for his birthday. He was pretty much in heaven. At first I was nervous because when ever I have bought him a new toy in the past, he finds a twist tie on the floor or a bug that he'd rather play with. Go figure. Not this one though! He lives in that thing now. Only comes down to use the toilet (yes, he uses the toilet) or to eat.
Cat tower = success.

Happy birthday Phineas! I can't believe it has already been a year since I found you wandering the streets. I never thought that I would ever have a cat in my life. However, now that I have you, I can't imagine life without you. It surely wouldn't be as exciting without the sneak attacks, waking me up because you're hungry, the sound of your little feet galloping down the hallway, and all of the creepy staring. You definitely keep things interesting around here, and that is just fine by me.
Cat party = success.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...