Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Big Move.

Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. This past weekend and most days after work have been busy with moving type things (I also don't have internet yet in the new place). There is no easy way around moving. Yes, you can get movers to help, but once they are gone you're on your own (with the worst part). It takes so much time to fill the boxes with all your things and you don't realize how many things you actually have until you do this. Then you have to unpack all of these things in all of these boxes which seems to take even longer.

One of the hardest things for me is figuring out where to put everything. Inevitably it will change at some point, but just in the mean time even. I feel like I am in a constant state of unease right now because barely anything is where I want it to be or how I want it to be. I am a very organized person (okay... maybe a little OCD), so it's hard for me when things don't have their own spot where it just feels right. I tried to get rid of some items that I knew I wouldn't need or want any more, and now I have realized there is probably way more that I'd like to get rid of. So now not only are there things that don't have proper places, there are also things that don't need a place at all but are taking up space. Not to mention the ginormous stack of boxes by the front door and several boxes that have yet to be unpacked. It is a nightmare.

Don't get me wrong... I am so happy to be in my new home. It is beautiful, spacious, and way more convenient to get to work. It is so nice to have some change after being in the same apartment for almost 4 years. It is even nicer because it feels more like a house than an apartment. Like the next step. This stage is just difficult and kind of overwhelming for me.

^^ A little iPhone video of the before/after from the old apartment. ^^

PS: If you might be interested in anything I'd like to get rid of, then please let me know! I'd be happy to let you know what I have and to send pictures.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...