Saturday, March 30, 2013

SXSW Surprise.

This year I didn't have a spring break. Unlike most of my friends I had to work the whole week (Monday-Friday) and all of my fun didn't start until Friday evening. Well, I decided that I wasn't going to let this happen. I was determined to have fun during the week anyways whether I had work or not! Wednesday around 4:00 p.m. the idea came about that I should make a spontaneous trip to Austin. By 7:30 p.m. we were on the road. I decided to keep it a secret and surprise everyone once we got there. Alex kept everyone posted on our status and wouldn't tell them who she would be arriving with. Surprises are so much fun!

It seemed like it took FOREVER to get there and when we finally arrived it was totally worth it. Everyone's expressions were so funny, especially Fern's. His face was priceless when he saw me. It was like he could not believe it was real life that I was standing in front of him. We all relaxed for a bit, and then decided to go downtown to see Toro Y Moi. After some convincing, we were able to get into the show. Once again, totally worth it! When the show was over we stopped to get a bite to eat at some of the amazing food trucks that Austin has to offer. I had never tried a Bahn Mi sandwich before, and let me tell you, it was so delicious and the service was excellent, too! We called it a night once we were done eating, and Alex and I made the treck back to San Antonio at 6:30 a.m. to get back in time for work.

Call me crazy, but it really was worth it!
See you next year SXSW.

1 comment:

adarlingbird said...

You've always been sooo good at capturing band live performance photographs... Always been my favorite part of your photography!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...