Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hot Tamale.

After living in San Antonio for 23 years (my whole life) I have finally learned how to make tamales! I still need to use the directions, but I have some clue what goes on from start to finish now. Believe me, those things require some work! You need a lot of patience and a lot of time, so I now understand why families usually form assembly lines to make them.

Holly, Krall, and I took the class through NISD. It was the second class that I've signed up for with them and just as good as the first. I highly recommend it for something fun and different to break up the  same routine. They have all kinds of things you can learn how to do. It was especially fun taking it with friends! The first one I did was by myself. We all had a great time, met some funny people, and are excited to try something new soon. They even fed us and we got to take home about a dozen tamales. What more could you ask for?!
^^ I forgot to take a picture of my food before I ate it. Oops... ^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...