Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for this post taking so long. I'm very sorry! Second, I would like to blame it on who ever is stealing my internet. I'm convinced someone moved into the apartment complex and used some sort of hi-tech thing to figure out my password for the internet and is now using it. It keeps acting funny and will only work sometimes :( The worst one is when the symbol comes up that it is working, so I click on the browser and then it decides "never mind" and switches to the bad symbol. It gets your hopes up and then shoots them down. Kind of like the opposite version of the Sour Patch Kids commercials.

Anyways... I made this last week.
Not going to lie. They were pretty fabulous! I used a marinade that I got from a local farmer's market, but I really think any would work. You could even throw a few more vegetables in with the shrimp. Lettuce was more than enough greenery for me. Just kidding! I love vegetables... sometimes.

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp oil (I used canola)
  • 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
  • 3/4 cup your choice of marinade
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped scallion (white part included)
  • 2 tbsp cilantro
  • 1 lettuce head
Directions
  1. Combine shrimp and marinade in a large ziplock bag. Let the shrimp soak up the flavors for at least an hour. I used a peach habanero marinade. Your local grocery store has all kinds of all-ready made marinades or you can choose a simple one to make at home. This one is amazing on everything: the ultimate marinade.
  2. After the shrimp has marinated for desired amount of time set it aside. Heat oil over medium heat in a medium size pan. Add onion and cook until it gets a little soft.
  3. Add the shrimp and marinade mixture to the pan. Keep on medium heat and let it simmer until shrimp is cooked all the way through. You'll notice that it turns pink and shrinks a little bit.
  4. After the shrimp is cooked through add the scallions and cilantro. Stir over heat for a minute or two. Afterwards take off heat and display in a serving bowl.
  5. Carefully separate whole lettuce leaves from the head. Use as many as you'd like, but make sure you wash each one before eating!
  6. Take lettuce leaf, add a spoonful (or four) of shrimp, wrap, and enjoy!
 
Yes. I do have a hamburger salt and pepper shaker.

PS: I am still trying to perfect the peanut butter syrup! Kammie hasn't budged with the recipe yet, and the ones I've made aren't ready to be shared.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...