Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chicken and Zucchini Wontons.

Fair warning... the pictures you're about to see do not do this meal justice. I apologize, but I am still new with this whole picture taking thing when food is the subject. Trying to get the perfect lighting in my apartment kitchen is not the easiest and I don't have the best camera on earth either. Not to mention I am still learning about editing, too.

Since taking the photos for this post, I've been googling, reading, viewing, pinning, and who even knows what else on food photography how-to's. You mention it, I've probably seen and read it. I'm definitely not an expert now by any means, but this is more of a learning process than I realized. It's all about continuing to move forward though and in the mean time here is what I do have.

I follow a blog called Can You Stay for Dinner? and this recipe is inspired by one of her own.
Chicken and Zucchini Wontons
(makes about 10)

Ingredients
  • 1lb cooked and shredded chicken
  • 1 cup marinara sauce (plus more for dipping)
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 10 wonton wrappers
Directions
  1. Mix shredded chicken and marinara sauce together.
  2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay out the wonton wrappers on a clean work space.
  3. Put a small spoonful of zucchini in each. Followed by chicken, then basil, and lastly mozzarella.
  4. Lightly brush water onto the edges of one wonton wrapper. Grab the upper left corner and fold it towards the bottom right corner. Press the edges of the wonton together in order to seal it. Repeat with the rest.
  5. Place all of the wontons on a greased baking sheet. Moisten the top of each one with cooking spray and bake for about 14 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown.
  6. When ready, serve with warm marinara sauce for an extra boost!
Please disregard the fact that some of mine got a little burnt... Oops.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...